Kanata-March Horticultural Society is celebrating its 50th Anniversary this year. For a trip down memory lane, check out the following galleries.
October 6 - TO BE HELD VIRTUALLY FOR KMHS MEMBERS ONLY. REGISTRATION REQUIRED
Janet Johns, VP Ottawa Orchid Society
Orchids have captured the imagination for centuries. With an introduction to the unique characteristics, variation, and habitat of these exotic plants, learn how to keep them blooming in your home. Janet Johns, Vice-President of the Ottawa Orchid Society visits the Kanata-March Horticultural Society to discuss
- Where and how orchids grow in the wild and why orchid culture is a challenge.
- Key factors that will keep tropical orchids alive in your home (these follow from the above).
- Basic characteristics of tropical orchids.
- A brief description of several of the more common genera for Canadian indoor gardening and where to find them.
- Orchid lore, unique features of species, and the business of orchids
THERE WILL BE NO INDOOR MEETINGS AND EVENTS FOR 2020 DUE TO THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC.
About Kanata-March Horticultural Society
The Kanata-March Horticultural Society has been In existence for 50 years. This Society aspires to serve the Kanata-March community through horticultural education, local public garden maintenance, and special events.
Our meetings are from 7:30 pm to 9:00 pm at the Old Town Hall, 821 March Road (laneway entrance to the Old Town Hall is on Klondike Road across from Shopper's Drug Mart) $5.00 for non-members.
President's Favorite of the 2019 Photography Competition by Beate Herzig